Thursday, February 12, 2015

Narrative

Not many people realize how fast time flys by. At one moment I am at my first gymnastics meet when I was about 6 and the next I am applying for college. College is a huge step in life and I am the first in my family to take that step. Since none of my family went to college, the idea of going to college was never forced into my head. Although I was never forced to really think about college, I have been through a lot of events in my life that has made me the person I am today and has brought me to where I am now. School, church, sports, my high school graduation and my family are some of the reasons I had even considered going to college. I actually liked going to school when I was growing up; I loved to learn new things and meet new people. Going to church really put a perspective on my life and gave me goals that I aimed to reach one day. Sports challenged me and gave a sense of responsibility and commitment. I started joining different sports when I was really young and once I had joined gymnastics, I had found the sport I loved. This sport was extremely strenuous and made me more of an adult. I had to learn how to balance schoolwork and after school meets all at once. I had become more responsible. Once I graduated high school, everything started falling into place and I realized what my priorities were. Last but definitely not least my family; without my family I wouldn’t be the person I am today. Applying for college wasn’t the easiest for me since I didn’t have anyone with any prior experience to help me. I wasn’t sure what schools to look at or how to go about filling out applications. I was pretty much on my own when it came to picking out which schools to look and visit. Although no one in my family went to college, they supported me through every step of the way, which helped me greatly on my road to success. 


No comments:

Post a Comment